It’s Friday and I’m excited about it. Why? Because the weekend is almost here and that means that I am going to get to work with Ben Eubanks. We are in the early stages of pulling together basic ideas with the HRevolution team which includes Steve Boese and Crystal Peterson. Since the four of us have worked together on two successful HRevolution events, there are many things that will easily fall into place. However, there are a few logistics decisions still to make and that’s where you come in.
If you’re not familiar with HRevolution, it is a conference put together entirely by volunteers. It is all planned and promoted in a grassroots manner and because of that, we have people attend who each have personal ownership in it’s success. Since we all work together to make this happen, I’d like to hear your opinion on a couple items as we kick off planning:
- Where– What city should we head to this year? If you live in that city, can you help us scout locations?
- When– We definitely want to hold this in spring. Do you prefer March, April, or May?
- Topics– Give me your top two topics you’d like to see discussed, the more cutting edge, the better.
- Speakers– We heard last time that people want to hear more HR practitioners lead sessions. Who are the HR practitioners you would like to hear most? Are YOU interested in helping us lead a session?
- Sponsors– We can’t do this without the generosity of sponsors to help defer costs. Are you interested in sponsoring?
Hit me in the comments with all your suggestions or feel free to e-mail them to me today at firstname.lastname@example.org.